San Antonio Cycling organizes long-distance tours designed to show you our country, introduce you to new people and take you on an adventure of a lifetime.
We take pride in our unique, first-class-style events that leave the other companies behind. We have researched the rides available today and developed new events that are guaranteed to please the adventurer in everyone.
Set against the stunning backdrop of rolling fields and woods in the historic Hill Country, San Antonio Cycling Club has been created to bring together cyclists (in all their glorious variations), along with family and friends to celebrate the simple joy of riding bikes in good company and beautiful surroundings. Whether you intend to ride the 100mile in record time or take a more leisurely paced ride along with our picture-perfect trail sampling local food & drink, we have a day of events for everyone. The atmosphere will be cordial and relaxed as you’d expect from such a quintessentially Texas town. San Antonio Cycling Club is not just about races, but about getting people to get on their bikes and get involved in the atmosphere.
Here is some inspiration If you’re looking for rides that would make great day trips from San Antonio.
If you’re thinking about getting a moped, you may wonder how old you must be to drive one. The answer depends on your state and the moped you want to…
When riding around on a bicycle every day, you need a way to ensure you are protected from people who might harm you. A great way to do just this…
Being comfortable on a mountain bike is the first and foremost thing to look at for any mountain bike rider. For that, you need to take care of your body…
As far as sports go, bike riding is something that is enjoyable at all ages. Whether it’s a fun jaunt around town or something more competitive, riding one’s bicycle is…
If you’ve been thinking a lot of getting a fat bike, then you have come to the right place! In this post, you’re going to read some reviews of some…
If you want to buy a new mountain bike but you want to stay on a strict budget, then this is going to be one of the best posts for…
Hybrid bike allows you to commute to work, hit the trails at your local metropark, or enjoy a ride around the neighborhood with your significant other. You no longer need…
There are so many health benefits that come with cycling ranging from muscle building to mental health. Apart from the health benefits, cycling is the most efficient mode of locomotion…
Not all biking is the same, and hybrid bikes prove that. They are a combination of mountain, road, and touring bikes. If you’ve been in a large city, and have…
Even if you are on a budget, it doesn’t mean you’ll have to settle down for “Just Any Mountain Bike” instead of what you need. These days you’ll get plenty…
San Antonio Family Rides
Baby Velodrome and Go ride events for all ages – toddlers to teenagers! A fantastic fun-packed day out for all the family… children of all ages will enjoy the events in and around our Baby Velodrome from Balance Bike and trike races to learning new riding skills. Mountain bikes, BMX dads old choppers all are welcome, And don’t forget the Vintage Run around the old town is open to anyone willing to get in the Retro spirit of things and have a leisurely ride with a traditional Picnic at the end of it, a great event for the whole family to take part in.
San Antonio Vintage Bikes
Whether you’ve restored a Chrome and leather thoroughbred to its former glory or dug out that old boneshaker from the shed, there is an event for you. With the simple premise that you and your bike need to be “Vintage” in style, only the Club Run is one for anyone who just likes to ride their bike. A Simple idea, no fuss just enjoy the journey, Based on an easy 3-mile circuit of the old town riders will set off in a procession and take part in a Concours D’elegance where they will be judged on “very” loose criteria to decide who is the overall Vintage Victor! A fun event open to all the family, picnic stops, wicker baskets, cream teas, and plenty of stopping to chat will be encouraged – whilst what won’t be tolerated is unscheduled stops at any of the Old Town’s famous pubs along the route – you have been warned!
If you are looking for a slightly more challenging route the Classic 30-mile ride is open to vintage bikes (pre-1989) and riders wearing related retro kits. The route travels into the Hill Country and although the terrain will be slightly more challenging the spirit of this event is still much more about the journey than arriving back too quickly!
San Antonio Sport Rides
Fast becoming a true classic this point-to-point ride offers 100-mile, 60-mile, and 30-mile options. Both longer routes turn with full feed stations and tech support and cover a selection of the most infamous ascents in the area – for years a fixture on the route of the Grand Prix. For fans of cyclings Golden era, we are also running a styled event, The Texas Classic over the shorter 30-mile course open to riders on pre-1989 bikes and we encourage you to dress in vintage-inspired clothing to truly enjoy the retro spirit. Fully supported the routes all start and finish in the Hill Country, so expect a great send-off as the festival crowds gather to cheer you home later. Online Entries open end of December / early January so make a note in your calendar, as it will be on a first come first serve basis.
Texas Bicycle Accidents
The state of Texas has a lot to offer bicyclists, including miles of beautiful trails and mild weather. Sadly, Texas is frequently listed as one of the most hazardous states for bikes to navigate.
- Here are some startling figures regarding bicycle accidents in Texas:
- Every year in Texas, bicycle accidents result in the deaths of about 60 bicyclists.
- One of the ten most hazardous American cities for bikers is Houston.
- Between 2010 and 2016, Travis County in Texas had the most bicycle accidents (1,985 accidents)
In terms of the number of bicycle fatalities in 2017, Texas came in third.
Potholes, broken bicycle parts, bad weather, and other circumstances can all contribute to bicycle accidents. But either the bicyclist’s or another driver’s irresponsibility accounts for the majority of bicycle accidents.
According to a Texas attorney specializing in bicycle accidents, anyone who may have contributed to or caused your bicycle accident is liable in court if you file a lawsuit. The majority of the time, careless drivers are to blame for bike accidents. However, sometimes the town (if the road wasn’t adequately maintained) or the bike manufacturer is to blame for bicycle accidents (if the bike was defective). A city may be held liable in Texas for dangerous road conditions that resulted in a bicycle accident. You can get assistance from a skilled personal injury lawyer in identifying potential parties at fault for your accident.
San Antonio Hill Climb Event
The Hill Climb – without doubt, this will be the event with the most noise – as riders set off individually in the Qualifying rounds they will be cheered all the way up the 14% gradients with the aim of getting through to the “knock out” stages where the fastest riders will go head to head to the summit. vying for the title of King of the Ride. There’s a full Prize list. across all categories, including $650+ of ride clothing for the overall winner and $100 each, worth of tires for the first Woman and Junior. All riders will also receive a gift from race-bred cyclewear when they sign on, on the day… plus bragging rights after the event your legendary status could be assured. The Hill Climb event will take place towards the end of the festival so you can easily take part having ridden in any of the day’s other events – and yes there will be a price for the best Vintage style.
- San Antonio Vacation Packages: Browse pre-defined packages or customize your own experience with lodging & activities for the perfect Lone Star State experience!
- San Antonio Attractions: From thrilling fun including Six Flags Fiesta and SeaWorld to educational experiences at historical locales such as the Alamo, browse and book a variety of decidedly San Antonio activities and attractions.
- San Antonio Lodging: Whether you’re looking for a convenient stay near the airport or would prefer a hotel situated in one of San Antonio’s many busy districts, from the River Walk to the downtown area, you’re sure to find a stay just right for you in San Antonio, TX.
- San Antonio Points of Interest: From major landmarks including the Alamo to dining, nightlife, and general attractions, you’ll find a wealth of information on some of San Antonio’s most popular hang-outs with our helpful Points of Interest page.
- San Antonio Events: Easily plan an entire vacation around San Antonio’s most popular annual events, or even just find out what will be going on in the area during your next stop in town. Either way, you’re sure to find numerous ideas for fun waiting!
- San Antonio Interactive Map: Looking for the distance from your hotel to the Alamo? Curious as to how far Six Flags Fiesta and SeaWorld are from one another? Or maybe you simply need to learn the lay of the San Antonio streets? Regardless, you can find all the information you need and have a fun time doing so, with our interactive map of San Antonio, TX.
- San Antonio Weather: Whether your travel plans aren’t for months from now or you’re just now planning a last-minute visit to Alamo City, our helpful weather information page offers both seasonal averages and daily temperatures to ensure that you plan your next visit accordingly.
- San Antonio Articles: Offering helpful articles covering particular attractions in San Antonio and general overviews of the area’s history and more, our articles section is your one-stop option for learning about the details of San Antonio.
- San Antonio Group Planning: Receive real-time group quotes, and even find discounts for groups with 20 or more adults. Take the hassle out of large-scale group planning by letting us do all of the work!
- San Antonio Gift Certificates: With historical landmarks such as the Alamo and high-octane times of fun that include Six Flags Fiesta and SeaWorld, a gift certificate good towards San Antonio activities, lodging, and vacation packages are sure to make your next gift-giving a success no matter the recipient.
TO JOIN OUR MAILING LIST
Please contact us via our contact page
If you would like to get involved as one of our volunteer team please get in touch via our contact page